Example: In 1923, NC State’s Board of Trustees authorized the establishment of the Department of Physical Education. Since that time, the university has developed and expanded its unique physical education program under the leadership of eight department heads and numerous faculty. HES works closely with University Recreation to provide NC State students with diverse opportunities for student learning both inside and outside the classroom. The name of the department was changed in May 2012 to reflect its current focus.
- Example: Five professional, one graduate assistant and one support staff
- Example: Fifteen professional and support staff
- Example: Numerous instructors, advisors, tutors, bus drivers, and facilitators
Brief listing or description of facilities; include square footage if significant.
- Example: Serve as advisors of record for student-athletes in the First Year College
- Example: Minor Programs – Five programs offered through 30 courses (Coaching, Health, Outdoor, & Sport Science), with an Emergency Medicine Program in development with the Department of Biology.
- Example: Intramural Sports – team sports, individual/dual sports, and special activities designed to provide organized recreational opportunities. Most offer men’s, women’s and co-rec leagues.
- Example: Alternative Service Break – 22 service-learning partnerships in 12 countries focused on health, education, housing, hunger, water quality and sanitation, gender, environmental issues, civil rights and interfaith dialogue.
Last Updated: DateShare this post