Fitness Walking – Course Description
This course is designed to teach and apply the principles of lifetime physical fitness, utilizing the five major components of cardio-respiratory endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility and body composition. A variety of health and wellness issues will be addressed. The components of fitness will be met through structured individually paced fitness walking techniques and strength conditioning exercises.
Tests & Scales
It is the intent of the Department of Health & Exercise Studies that all sections of a given course are graded consistently. This page describes the performance tests and the scales that are to be used with this course. Although your instructor may or may not choose to use every test described, he or she will use these procedures and grading scales for the tests students perform. Where appropriate, a video demonstration of the skills test has been provided.
- Crunch (HESF Scale for Crunch); video
- Curl-Up (HESF Scale for Curl-up); video
- Flexibility (HESF Scale for Flexibility); video
- Free Body Squats (HESF Scale for Free Body Squat); video
- Hands-Up Push-Up (HESF Scale for Hands-up Push-up); video
- Lat Pull (HESF Scale for Lat Pull); video
- Sit-Up (HESF Scale for Sit-up); video
- 1 Mile Walk – Men (HESF Scale for 1 Mile Walk for Men); video
- 1 Mile Walk – Women (HESF Scale for 1 Mile Walk for Women); video
- 2 Mile Walk – Men (HESF Scale for for 2 Mile Walk for Men); video
- 2 Mile Walk – Women (HESF Scale for for 2 Mile Walk for Women); video